Dynamic growing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit
Bible based proclaiming the scriptures and encouraging people to apply God’s living word in their daily lives.
English speaking serving English speakers from all parts of the world
Welcoming people from diverse Christian traditions as well as those who are new to the faith
International accommodating people from all countries and nationalities
Growing in faith seeking to know God better through Jesus Christ
Fellowship encouraging people to know each other and to support fellow members and newcomers, both practically and in prayer
Serving providing for the physical needs of those within the congregation, especially students and refugees, while serving the local community and God’s worldwide church
The Lyon Anglican Church is a family of Christians, growing both numerically and spiritually. We are primarily here to minister to English speaking people, but at the same time we have a role to play in the ecumenical life and witness of the city of Lyon.
Our goal is to be equipped to meet the needs of a growing and changing congregation, in accordance with our Vision Statement. We aim to accomplish this vision in the following ways:
Worship and Prayer
- encouraging and developing meaningful worship and praise.
- preaching the Word of God in a relevant and systematic manner.
- praying publicly and privately for the church and the world.
- encouraging people to seek God at work in their everyday lives.
Fellowship and Service
- organising a network of midweek home groups across the city for Bible study, fellowship and prayer.
- being alert to the needs of others and especially newcomers, students, and refugees.
Nurture and Education
- offering a full range of Sunday School classes and a crèche on Sunday mornings.
- providing a programme to encourage the spiritual growth and fellowship of our young people.
- offering training for Sunday School teachers, preachers, and leaders of prayer and worship.
We recognise that this vision is not the concern of the Church Council alone. We are committed to the notion of every member ministry, and seek to identify and to affirm the God-given gifts and energies of our members.