Happy Ascension bank holiday…. traditionally a time of waiting, praying and looking for the coming Holy Spirit!
First, a couple of bits of info for you:
- Bring bread on Sunday, as we will be breaking and sharing bread together.
- Many of us have signed up to ‘Thy Kingdom Come’, specifically praying for 5 people close to us that they will come to know the Lord Jesus by His Kingdom coming into their lives. It’s a brilliant movement and you can get more info here: https://www.thykingdomcome.global We will be referring to it in our prayers.
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of the Zoom app. Apparently we broke the internet last Sunday! (https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/zoom-down-problems-today-service-status-issues-down-detector-uk-now-a9518896.html) It seems Zoom have tried to rectify the problem, so let’s see how we get on on Sunday!
- Both Jerry and Alison’s sermons are available on the church Youtube channel. Check it out, if you haven’t already done so: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP7xCu_kild7gwgh4mdF5-w/featured
Secondly, you’ll find below a recap of last week’s news, and Zoom instructions:
- a reminder about provisions,
- ‘joining your voice’,
- continuing to support the ministry in Lyon attached below.
see you on Sunday,
Ben and the Trinity Team.
- How are your supplies?
This will be week 10 of lockdown services and we are aware that we haven’t been able to use the simple table. If you, or anyone you are aware of, is getting short of supplies and not sure how to ‘resupply’ please, please let me/us know. The church council is eager to help anyone who needs some extra supplies at the moment and is ready to help out with discretion and practicality! Don’t go without unnecessarily. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join your Voice!
A big thanks to Roy Carpenter for launching this great idea…. If you go to the following link ( https://youtu.be/tcGldI7g-Ns ) you can see and hear a recording of ‘Be Thou My Vision’ along with the lyrics. Have a few practices at singing along with the music playing through some earphones. When you are ready to give it a go, keep your earphones on and record yourself singing along to the video. You should end up with a recording of just your voice (without the music). When you’ve got it send it, through to Roy (or me) and Roy can layer up the sounds so that we could end up with a whole choir……. go on!! Be brave!!! It’ll be brill!!
- Continued support
A huge thank you to all of you who are continuing to give and support the ministry here in Lyon. Please continue to do so either directly through our website by clicking ‘Donate’ at www.lyonchurch.org or for those of you in the UK via the ICS giving page here https://www.ics-uk.org/donate/lyon-trinity-church/20/credit-card
You can connect to ALL of our worship and prayer meetings by clicking on this link: https://zoom.us/j/735134832
if you need it the meeting ID, it’s 735 134 832
For extra information and for people who haven’t got access to WIFI, people can join Zoom meetings by phoning in on any of these numbers:
07 56 78 40 48
01 70 37 22 46
01 70 37 97 29
You can press 0 (Zero) for the message to be spoken in English.
Type in the meeting number, 735 134 832 then #
This will take you through to the meeting.
The 01 numbers are local, landline telephone numbers so should be free/cost nothing, depending on your mobile network.